Sunday, October 31, 2010

The teacher in me won't die.

I taught elementary school for 7 years.  I am a stay-at-home mom for the first time this year.  I am treasuring this precious time with my small children, but do miss things about being in the classroom.

Fall was always one of my favorite times at school.  There are so many fun things to celebrate and do!  So, Bella and I have been having a little school fall fun of our own. 

We studied bats and the letter B.

We studied pumpkins by making felt jack-o-lantern faces and having yummy pumpkin-tillas for a snack.
(I got both of these ideas from inbetweenlaundry.blogspot.com)

I have loved watching her learn and get excited for each new activity.  It's like teaching, but with no papers to grade or meetings to attend. 

And speaking of schools (This is not my most graceful transition ever, but I'm going to make it work.) how about those Baylor Bears???  We were a proud family last night as we watched them defeat the Texas Longhorns 30-22.


 
Sic 'em!  I love the taste of victory!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment