Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The post where I brag on my husband


Y’all. I am so proud of my husband.  He is a fundraiser champion.

This last Sunday was the Fall Fundraiser for Cornerstone Family Ministries.  Andy is the director for CFM, a Christian-based non-profit.  CFM serves low-income families in the Spring Branch area of Houston.  They do tutoring programs, Kid’s Club, Bible Studies, mentoring, a new college/job prep class, and so much more. (Visit www.cfmhouston.org to read more.)

Ultimately, CFM aims to meet the physical needs of these families, invest in their lives, and tell them about Jesus and His love for them. 
 
Did you know that 90% of the low-income population is unchurched?  I thought I would throw that out there.  It shocks me every time. 

Doing these things for these families takes money, obviously.  Hence (love that word) the fundraiser.  It was held at Red Oak Ballroom.  There was delicious food, performances by the kids, great speakers, and a room full of 300 people that care about the community around them.

I had seen Andy work on this event for weeks.  Ok, months.  But still, I was in awe to see it all put together.  He would be the first to admit that he didn’t do it alone and that many volunteers helped, but I just have to brag on him.  I am his wife and I get to do that. 

Great job, babe.  I am so proud of you.  You help to make a difference here and in eternity.





Our parents came to support Andy and CFM too!

1 comment:

  1. You look HOT! Not at all like you just had a baby! Love that dress!

    ReplyDelete