Thursday, August 18, 2011

"What's on my phone?" Wednesday

So, I read a lot of blogs.

I love them.  I drink coffee and read blogs every morning.  It's my ritual.  If I actually have somewhere to go and can't do this in the morning, I feel...weird.  Off.  Reading them makes me happy.

One thing I'm noticing is that lots of bloggers have a weekly post that they do.  Something that their readers can rely on, usually with a cheesy title. 

I love cheesy.  Really.  It makes me laugh.

So, I've decided to do the same.  Not because I feel the need to copy everyone else, but because it seems like a way to hold myself accountable to blogging.  And I need accountability.  I do WAY better with it. 

I mean, I used to get up at 5:30/6ish every morning.  Now I can't drag my rear out of bed before 9:00.  (Yes, my kids sleep late.  Yes, I totally realize how * lucky I am.)  What's the difference?  No one's going to fire me now.  Accountability y'all.

*My keyboard totally just ran out of batteries where I put the *.  I stole some from two different TV remotes.  I'm probably going to regret that tomorrow.  Why does technology hate me?  And why are there never enough double A's in this house?

Anyway, I'm going to do a "What's on my phone?" Wednesday post every week.  What is this, you ask?  I will post pictures from my phone along with some witty and hilarious (I can hope) commentary.

The best part about this will be that I will actually look at all of the pictures on my phone.  Half of the time they are a surprise to me.  I have a tech-savy 17 month old who knows how to slide the arrow over to unlock my iPhone and then he does whatever he pleases.

His tech talent obviously comes from his father. 

Two disclaimers (because I love them so):
1.  I know it is technically Thursday when I am posting this first one.  But as I type this, I haven't been to bed yet, so it's Wednesday to me.

2.  The pictures may be poor quality.  I have the first iPhone, aka-no flash and slow shutter speed (I don't even know if that term is right, but it sounds good.) It's kinda a dinosaur.

Enough typing.  Here we go...


I changed the batteries in the rocket toy for my boy, which explains my lack of double A's.  It had to be done.  What good is a rocket without sound effects?  After I did this, he wanted to "fix" it too.  (I removed the bit from the screwdriver before he was allowed to play with it.  Don't worry.)

My new wedge shoes.  I sent this to my fabulous sister-in-law, because she knows how to wear a wedge like no other.  I knew she would be proud of my choice.

 Here is a sample of Hayes' fine photography work.  What's a mom to do with a fussy boy in HEB?  Give him your phone.  Then you get a lovely shot of your foot, the cart, and his precious chubby leg.


This picture was also I surprise to me.  Bella took this lovely pic of her new Twinkle Toes shoe, a gift from her wonderful Mimi.  Apparently taking shoe pictures runs in the family.

Make it stop.  I'm sweating just looking at this.  (That 459.9 was not on one tank of gas.  I never remember to reset it.  Why bother?  It's just depressing.)


And finally, we went to Baskin Robbins for dollar scoop night yesterday.  Deliciousness for a dollar.  Yes, please.

He would not even look at me.  He was in the ice cream zone. 

 "I love Mama"

This is what Bella wrote for me in the car after getting ice cream.  Just when I thought peanut butter and chocolate ice cream was the best part of my day...she proved me wrong.

That's it for now.  Come back for more.

I already love this glimpse into my week, my day-to-day.  Good thing my phone doesn't rely on double A's....



1 comment: