Friday, March 25, 2011

Hayes is ONE!

My baby boy turned one on March 12.  I can't believe it.  I mean, look at this sweet boy...

 And here he is now...
 
I can barely handle his cuteness.  Sigh.


I love that he was born on a Friday, because we had his party on his real birthday!  We had a cowboy theme, y'all, and had a rootin' tootin' good time.  Ok, cheesy words I know, but I love a good theme. 



Here is the birthday boy before the party began.  He was not too happy about having his picture taken, but I wanted to snap a pic of his cute shirt!  The boots were precious too, and he wore them for about three minutes.  Money well spent.

I went cowboy with the decor, of course.  I was so fortunate to borrow many decorations from my mom.  Vacation Bible School was a western theme last year, so she had lots of good stuff.

 The sign-in sheet for his scrapbook
 Presents!

 The photo timeline

 Favor basket
 Craft table for the preschool-age guests
 Our "campfire"
 His scrapbooks were on display for guests to enjoy.
The boot birthday cake, made by Papi and JJ!

We dressed with the theme, and many of our wonderful guests did too!
 Andy and Cory
 Reagan and Richelle
 Mimi, Aunt Allyson, Grammy, and Uncle Brent

 Uncle Glen and PawPaw

Aunt Bitsey
 Presents!  Hayes was interested for a short time.  Then he played in paper and boxes. 

He LOVED his cake!  He did not hesitate at all and ate almost all of it.  I can't blame him.  Chocolate cake is so much more delicious than pureed fruits and veggies.

Hayes Ryan,
           Happy first birthday!  We had such a special day celebrating you.  You are just a wonderful gift and add so much to our family.  You love to be around people and you are so smart and determined, and I can't wait to see you use these qualities to love God and love others.  

                                                                                                       Excited to celebrate many more,
                                                                                                                                        Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment