Friday, March 4, 2011

The Flu and Fun


In case you didn’t know by reading my Facebook status updates, I had the flu recently.  And yes, I totally talked about it on Facebook to get sympathy.  Misery loves company, people.

Now, if you have not had a flu shot, you need to read the rest of this post and then go IMMEDIATELY to your local pharmacy or doctor’s office and get one.  Seriously.  Go now.  If you get the flu, it will TAKE YOU DOWN.  (It will also cost you a pretty penny.  Tamiflu isn’t cheap y’all.  A $25 shot is the way to go.)

Exhibit A

This is what I unloaded from my dishwasher one day.  Bella and I were responsible for this mess.  She tested negative for the flu, but had all of the symptoms and still took medicine.

You will be happy to know there is no Exhibit B.  I did not take a picture of myself with the flu.  Trust me, you don’t want to see that.  

Anyway, I am back.  I did live to see my 30th birthday (more on that next post).

Now I am feeling like myself again, and I must say that is the one positive about being sick…it makes me realize just how good I feel when I am “normal”.  I have never been so happy to do the regular, sometimes mundane things I do every day-laundry, taking out the trash, unloading the dishwasher.  I am happy because I CAN do these things again, without feeling like I have been hit by a freight train.

I have also been thrilled to really spend time with my kids again.  I must admit, Nick Jr. did a whole lot of parenting while I was sick.  Thank you, channel 301.  

Here are the best parts of my “normal” self days…
 Picnic with my girl
Playing outside in the beautiful spring weather

Bella saw directions for these sponge puppets in her High Five magazine and requested that we make them.  She is a girl after my own crafty heart.

Aren’t they adorable?  I think she did a great job.  (I did have to help with the cutting.  We’re still working on that skill.)
 
We then spent the morning, while Hayes napped, playing puppet show with them.  What kind of show?  The puppets went to school.  Yup, we played school.  Again, my daughter speaks my language.  Love this girl. 

We even had an audience for our show.  Yes, that is our cat, Lola, in the audience.  No, we did not put her there.  She came on her own free will, which shouldn’t really be a surprise because we all know cats do exactly what they want.

 Which is what I’m doing these days, now that I’m flu free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment