Monday, January 10, 2011

It's raining Kens...

...and Barbies too.

Let it begin.  My daughter has a new love for a classic-Barbies. 

My parents, who are pretty dang smart sometimes, saved my Barbies.  They have spent years in a big trunk in their attic.  They recently brought it to our house.  It went straight to our attic.

Now that Bella is really interested it seemed like the perfect time to get them down and check out what 20 year old Barbies look like.  It also helped that Andy was in the attic putting away Christmas stuff.  I don't do attics.  At all.  Things live up there-I'm sure of it.

So, the trunk came down.  And despite the mildew smell from years of ridiculous Corpus Christi humidity, my Barbies (and Kens, Skippers, and Kellys too) were GLORIOUS!

Look at those bangs.  The 80's, baby.

I was in heaven.  They looked exactly the same in the cute little coordinating outfits I had last left them in.



Ok, this one wasn't so glorious.  She lost her head.  It had been hot-glued on due to an accident, which probably involved on of my brothers, and let's face it ...hot glue can't hold up in an attic.  (Although Barbie can't face it, her face is gone.  Ha!  I am totally the funniest person I know.)

And just for fun...


I have no words.

I also found this in with the Barbies...



What is it, you ask?  It is/was my Barbie family organizational book.  I had every doll named (Um, they can't all be the name Mattel gave them.  Way too confusing.) and organized into families.  They were listed together, complete with ages, jobs, hobbies, etc.  This is proof that my OCD started at an early age.

And no, I won't show you a picture of the inside.  Let's have Barbie with the 80's bangs be embarrassed enough for the both of us.

 After Bella went to bed, I went through everything and here are the results...


I told you it was glorious.  There are ice skates.  And roller blades.  And a life jacket. And outfits for an entire wedding party. There are many more dolls too, but Bella had already taken some up to her room.

Today, Bella and I dressed the Barbies for a wedding.  Everyone was so fashionable.  There was dancing and cake, too.

 The Guests

The Bride and Groom

This Barbie can no longer sing, "It's raining Kens."  She has to just stick to this one now. 

1 comment:

  1. So to join in the embarrassment... I totally had/have that wedding dress for Barbie. What is even crazier is that I recognized it!

    ReplyDelete