It’s the new year. Or is it New Year? Should that be capitalized? I don't know.
Anyway, I didn't really think I was going to make a resolution. Too cliche. Too easy to break.
Then, I just started thinking about things I would like to do, things I would like to change. Isn't it funny how a new year can do that to you? It's just another day really, but it feels like a fresh start.
I like fresh starts.
Here is my list that I came up with. It is in no particular order. Not all of them are amazing or unique, but I thought I would share regardless.
10 Things for a Better 2011
1. Use my china at least 4 times this year.
2. Try two new recipes a month.
3. Read through the Bible in a year.
4. Realize that it’s ok to do nothing once in awhile. I don’t have to fold clothes while watching a movie on TV. I can just sit and watch TV every now and then.
5. Do pilates again. I have come to realize that my stomach is not going to fix itself.
6. Send notes to people for no reason-a simple “I’m thinking of you.” makes a big difference. I will also do this for my husband. I used to do that all of the time. Funny how life gets in the way.
7. Spend more time outside with my kids. I am just not an outdoorsy person, but I will try, because fresh air is good.
8. Drink more water.
9. Not spend my gift cards on my children all of the time.
10. Worry less.
PS-I have no idea why it's doing this funny paragraph indenting thing or why the font is weird. I am just leaving it. I don't have the energy or know-how to fix it. I will not let it drive me crazy. Remember, I am worrying less.