Thursday, June 30, 2011

This "bytes"...

We try to do the right thing around here when it comes to parenting.

You know what I mean...have our kids eat healthy, do physical activity, read books, and stay away from too much technology.

I want to talk about technology today.  On my blog.  Oh, the irony.

Anyway, we have tried to limit the role technology plays in the lives of our kids.  Sure, we watch some Nick Jr. around here.  And yes, perhaps for longer than the recommended 30 minutes.  There are times I like to shower and make dinner in peace.

I just reread that.  I don't make dinner while showering at the same time.  Just so you know.

Anyway, they don't own video gaming devices, we don't have kid games on our iPhones, etc.  I know those things will come, but for right now they are only 4 and 15 months old.  We can color, read books, or play "I Spy" when we have to wait somewhere.  They love this, and so I feel like we are doing a good job. 

And then I saw this...


My daughter thinks she's an Apple product.

Steve Jobs-1/ Shene'-0

1 comment: